Integration of complementary AAL-developments into a modular, interoperable and multi-functional AAL-system
Background and Goals
By a synergetic merge oft two complementary smart home developments (i-Residence and eHome ￫) a highly modular, interoperable and multi-functional AAL-System will be created. Strengths and innovations of the new system will be:
- more reliable and more comfortable fall detection by data fusion of body-worn and ambient sensors
- integration of a multi-functional, target-group-oriented user-interface with strong additional benefits by fostering social communication
- conceptual design as open platform which takes into account latest AAL standards developments and thus facilitates the inclusion of third-party products.
The project PhysicAAL is sponsored within the framework of the benefit program by BMVIT.
- AAT – Centre of Applied Assistive Technologies at the University of Technology Vienna
- LOIDL Consulting & IT Services GmbH
- LieberLieber GmbH
- Municipality of Schwechat
- CEIT RALTEC